Retaining a Wrongful Death Attorney
The loss of a loved one in a car accident or any other type of accident is one of life’s cruelest fates. The loss of companionship is devastating for a spouse, a child or even a parent. The surviving spouse and children also face the challenge of losing a loved one’s earnings.
The Boccardo Law Firm has a deep sense of empathy and sensitivity to the grief of those who lost a loved one. We serve as a constant source of support during this painful time in your life.
We have the ability to communicate the severity of the loss to an insurance company or to a jury. As a result, we routinely keep family members advised of the status of their case.
The Boccardo Law Firm will protect your legal rights and help you seek the justice that you deserve. With over 80 years of experience, we specialize in successfully litigating Wrongful Death cases and helping grieving families heal.
A Wrongful Death Lawsuit Requires an Experienced Law Firm
If there is any type of case that requires a highly skilled attorney, it is a Wrongful Death case. As cruel as it may seem, compensation for a wrongful death is not measured in terms of grief, sorrow, or mental anguish. It is also not based on the pain and suffering that your loved one endured before they passed away. Instead, the law bases compensation on economic and noneconomic damages.
What are economic damages in a Wrongful Death case?
Economic damages are the financial support that your loved one would have provided during their life expectancy. They are easy to calculate. For example, they include the type of job the deceased had and how much money they may have made. In addition, your loved one’s contribution to the household is also an economic damage.
That is why The Boccardo Law Firm hires expert economists come up with the monetary amount based on your loved one’s life expectancy.
Economic damages are also the loss of an inheritance, pension, benefits, gifts or the value of goods and services that a victim would have provided. Finally, they consist of medical bills, funeral and burial expenses.
Noneconomic damages are subjective and usually a source of disagreement with an insurance company. However in California, loved ones are compensated for three categories of losses:
- The loss of love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society, and moral support.
- If the claim is from a spouse or domestic partner, the loss of the enjoyment of sexual relations is allowed.
- And in the case of a child, the loss of the training and guidance that the deceased would have provided is also allowed.
Each case is personal and can place a jury in a difficult position. After all, how do you place a dollar amount on the loss of love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society, and moral support?
Through our 80 years of experience with Wrongful Death cases, The Boccardo Law Firm has built cases with maximum compensation based on the law. We work with you to identify examples of love, companionship, comfort, care, assistance, protection, affection, society, and moral support. We use visual elements, such as photos, videos, and your words, to tell your story and communicate your loss.
A Wrongful Death Lawsuit Can Be Filed by Numerous Individuals
- Spouse of the Deceased
- Domestic Partner of the Deceased (If a registered domestic partnership)
- Living Children of the Deceased
- Children of a Deceased Child (If child on the deceased no longer living)
- Siblings or Other Relatives (If no surviving children)
- Parents of the Deceased (If dependent on the deceased for support)
- Stepchildren of the Deceased (If dependent on the deceased for support)
A Wrongful Death Accident Can Occur Anywhere and at Any Time
- Car Accidents, Truck Accidents and Motor Vehicle Fatalities – 41% of traffic fatalities are DUI-related.
- Medical Malpractice – 98,000 people die annually due to preventable medical errors.
- Unsafe Premises or Premises Liability – There are 19,656 death each year from slips and falls.
- Workplace Fatalities – Approximately 5840 annual deaths are the result of workplace injuries.
Call The Boccardo Law Firm for a Free Consultation
The Boccardo Law Firm has the experience to help family members whose loved ones were killed in a Wrongful Death accident. We can help if you suffered the wrongful death loss of a loved one in San Jose, the San Francisco Bay Area or Northern California. Call us at 408-298-5678 for a free consultation.